Having already too many projects at the same time we started a new one today. Pyng is an Android app based on the 70er arcade classic Pong.
We were looking for a simple game having a mechanic that can be easily implemented as an Android app an that can be played using the accelerometer. Due to the fact that a multiplayer mode was not are priority number one we did not build a tennis but a squash game. For the next week we plan to make the app work on the Ouya using the gamepad as input device.
Besides this finger practice we discussed about communcation between apps running on different devices. Therefore be informed about Network Service Discovery and zeroconf because there is a promising implementation for Android. Also Droidmote seems to be worth a second look.
This week we finished the Android App Ynfra and the corresponding Raspberry component Ynfra rpi so that we were able to control an LED strip using an Android app. Furthermore we started mirroring our projects to GitHub.
Interoberlin geht ein Licht auf. In dieser Session haben wir die App Ynfra und die Rasperry Komponente Ynfra rpi soweit fertiggestellt, dass wir den Infrarot Empfänger eines LED Bandes per App ansteuern konnten.
Nebenbei haben wir drei unserer Android Projekte auf Github gespiegelt.
Having already too many projects at the same time we started a new one today. Like in our project Bolyde we want to realize a remote control. This time we want to control an LED strip which normally works with a infra-red remote. Also this time there will be a Raspberry involved.
The topic of this weeks’s session was GUI optimization for our file card app Lymbo. We also focussed on Linux kernel compilation. During this session we listened to Chaos Radio on radio Fritz which dealt with the global surveillance disclosures.
This week Matthias managed to root his mobile phone so that he is now able to install a custom ROM.
Furthermore we connected the blob server with the Lymbo app : stacks of cards can now be created with the web app Lymbo Maker and the tranfered to blob server. The Android app Lymbo can download a card stack using a five-letter code.
Matthias cannot be here today so the last few steps of our model boat project must wait until next week. Instead the documentation of the app code could be generated automatically.
Gotcha! This session we managed to control throttle and steering of our model boat via our Android app.
Let’s start at the beginning: We went to a model shop in Berlin Mitte in order to buy a new remote control. All other parts of the boat’s electronic were still working more or less. We decided to get a minimum equipment in order to get the whole thing work from end-to-end without paying too much.
We opened the remote control we bought and measured the different electric potentials which were applied when the throttle was triggered or the steering wheel was turned. Afterwards we disconnected the original control triggers and steering wheel from the mainboard and soldered two different cables on it that were then connected with Raspberry Pi’s I/O pins.
After putting some effort in configuration we could watch first results: propeller as well as the rudder reacted on input of the Androd app! We still have to fight some latency issues but we hope we can get it ready for a first trial next week.
Today’s session I had to relinquish Matthias whom I wish to get well soon. The show went on and we can present version 0.3 of our model boat app which now contains a visualization of accelerometer values.
This session we were playing Ouya again. Futhermore we installed our own apk file on the Android console.